Due to security reasons, only the following items will be permitted inside the Visa Application Centres for Greece or stored in the premises: Folders containing your passport (s) and visa application related papers after a proper security check.
For your own, and our employees safety and security, any objectionable item as mentioned below will not be permitted inside the Visa Application Centre or stored in the premises and we take no responsibility for its custody:
- Any battery operated or electronic devices such as cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3's, PDA’s, laptops, or portable music players.
- All bags such as travel bags, back packs, briefcases, suitcases, leather, jute or cloth bags and zip folders. Only a plastic bag containing your application related papers would be permitted.
- Any sealed envelope or package.
- Any inflammable item such as matchboxes/ lighters/ fuel etc.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, penknives or nail files.
- Weapon or weapon-like objects or explosive material of any kind.
- Alcohol or alcohol containers
The list provided above is not finite. Other items may be prohibited based on the Security Staff's discretion.
There is no facility at the Visa Application Centre to store prohibited items. Applicants are requested to make alternate arrangements to keep the same before entry into the center. In addition, the use of any electrical device, including mobile phones, is not permitted within any Visa Application Centre.
All Visa Application Centres are under 24 hours CCTV surveillance. The images are constantly recorded for the purposes of crime prevention, detection and public safety. Visitors should read the Fire Evacuation notices clearly displayed in the Centre.
Please also note that generally we do not permit friends, relatives or business contacts to accompany visa applicants into the Centre, unless special needs apply (e.g. to accompany hearing-impaired, physically challenged, elderly applicants or applicants requiring interpreters).
In the interest of safety and security, we reserve the right to conduct random bag searches of applicants and visitors. Please have the following documentation ready for inspection: passport, application form and collection receipts, if applicable.
Our staff has the right to work without fear of abuse or intimidation. Threatening or abusive words or behavior will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.